Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Psychology

So, in psychology we were given a mini-assignment to write up a list of 10 things that describe me. This assignment wasn’t very easy for me, but I did it. Here’s what I came up with:





We talked about something after this. Self-perception theory means we want to see ourselves in a positive light. Three-fourths of the class had more positive than negative which to me was weird. Why are nine-tenths of mine negative? Submissive is the only positive, and it’s iffy. Awkward. I realized that it comes with low self confidence. So my “assignment” for you is to comment with 10 words that describe you, but try to focus on the positive!

We also talked about how we don’t know ourselves as much as we think we do. I don’t think we realize this as much as we should. We DON’T know ourselves the way others do. In some ways we see things they don’t, and in others they see things we don’t.

So leave your comments, how do you see yourself? If you don’t want to share publically, e-mail me!

caitlin.burke@live.com

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Caitlin, I read your list and it made me kind of sad! You're youthful, positive, hopeful, seaching for better things, a good writer, in touch with technology-you have a blog!, I could go on...

    I'll do your 10 later today or tonight and post it. We have a busy day.

    I often wonder how people perceive me.

    ReplyDelete