Saturday, December 5, 2009

Mental Breakdown

Yes, I skipped a few days, and not because I've been busy, simply because I've had nothing to blog about! Well last night, something came up for me to blog about. As you all know, from a recent post, I recently moved in with my fiance. Well I didn't mention that this move brought me from a town with a population of less than a 1,000 to a city with a population of over 100,000. As I'm sure you can imagine, I'm still a bit terrified of the town.

So last night, I decided to be the brave little girl I am, and tell William (the fiance obviously) that I would walk down to Cub Foods without him. It's about 1/2 mile down the road, and I needed the exercise, so I didn't have a problem with it (We don't have a car yet, so it's all either taxi, bus, or walking, and we are tight for money so taxi is out of the question). I promised to talk to my mom the whole way there, and that she would get ahold of him online if something happened, as my  phone is the only one on right now.

So, I am about halfway there, it's cold, a wonderful 27 degree weather, with snow coming down, but I'm still doing okay. All of a sudden my phone beeps at me. I look down and see that it's dying. I all of a sudden completely go into panic mode. I was on the verge of tears, and my mom was freaking out because she didn't know what to do, just knew I was terrified.

So my best friend gets online to get ahold of William, and instead of saying "She's at Cubs now, she's okay, but she wants you to come get her so she doesn't have to walk back alone" he decides to approach it the other way. "She's scared, crying, get your ass down there." type thing. So William throws on a jacket and runs the half mile. He made it there in less than 15 mins, which I may add is not exactly healthy in that cold of weather.

I have a feeling he will make fun of my breakdown for quite some time, but hey, he must love me to do that for me :)!

I know, this story is kinda boring, and lovey-dovey, but it's the only eventful thing that's happened lately.

4 comments:

  1. 1000 people to 100,000 people is quite a shift. How are you feeling about it?? I've always lived in huge cities and now I live in a town the same size as yours...which feels like a small town to me!
    BODA weight loss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! At first it was mildly odd, but now it's plain scary. But, I can't imagine going back down to small town life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is a bit of a culture huh? Only 1,000 people! That is a small ass town girlie...

    I am glad he came to your rescue. He earns points for that ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's very endearing--he'll be there when you need him. Says a lot!

    I had a culture shock moving from a town the size you're in to a small town of 10,000. I think it's scarier for you than me. =)

    ReplyDelete